Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blackberry in One Hand - Sheesha Pipe in the Other


I only put the wine down for a sec...

This was our last day in Arabia - the Arabian Adventure Tour was the best thing we did. The first tour was a 'Emirates Employee Discount' that turned into a nightmare. After 15 min in the car - I refused to continue by getting out and walking back. I figured I could catch a cab eventually! Turns out they drive on the highways - so a quick jump over the fence and we hailed one from the shoulder. No problem. This tour was professional with licensed drivers and a logo on the car. Perfect! FULL PRICE~! But it was fabulous. Dune driving, Henna's, Camel Rides, Belly Dancer, Sheesha smoking, food and Seat belts required. Safety first on this tour - not the Allah screaming Red Bull drinking Nissan Mirano driver....no way! It was a brochure day.

3 comments:

lexa said...

Oh,wow! I was just reading down through your trip posts. Sooooo cool! I'd love to travel. Someday I will (probably once the boys have grown up).

Anonymous said...

I really think we need an update or are you stuck somewhere in Saudi Arabia???

Anonymous said...

I second that, need an update, that sounds like your mother wrote the first anonymous. Dad