Sunday, December 07, 2008

Crown in a Day




JR has dropped cope master from his business card and replaced with crown master - he now does crown in a day. Our bedroom is done - yahoo. This time we mitred everything and caulked ourselves silly. Started the project at our normal crack of 4PM in the afternoon and finished by 9PM. Not bad considering a stop for dinner - and I'm fairly certain at least one coffee. The job is not completely done (of course...) we still need to paint ceiling and walls and install in-ceiling lights. I've wanted these lights for ever, but it requires wiring, going into the attic, new boxes, new switches (one each side of the bed). My goal is to toss the lamps in our room and just have these - I'm tired of cleaning the cat hair off the lamp shades. Instead of cleaning more often or ditching the cat - we need new lights. Then our room will be done, at least for now.

So what have we done this summer - just a quick recap (for myself if anything because I'm losing my mind):
epoxy garage floor
paint trim on house
finish garage walls
install gas grill on patio
new gas stove
new dishwasher
new timer switch in laundry room and front porch (remember the tick, tick, tick...)
re-do guest room - I mean the baby's room
crown in bedrooms
new counter tops
new garage door opener
hardwood on stairs (even garage step)
fix kitchen table

Still need to do:
fireplace in front room (gas is there!)
remodel master bathroom (I need a 5 piece or I'll die)
new fan in 1st floor bathroom and guest bathroom
new carpet
slate front door entry
new fridge and microwave (pending new models)
direct wire lights on patio
re-finish toy box/book shelf
create new guest room (MOVE THAT WEIGHT MACHINE!)
shelves in office instead of crown




I'm impressed, almost all projects were done by us only a few had supplementary help from American Express.










No comments: