Saturday, October 15, 2011

We're Back!


After a season off the grid - we're back in the Apple pie. Since having kids I feel like I was living in a cave - but since buying a (fixer'upper) house I feel like I've had my head in a hole in that cave. Today we came up for air and are feeling a bit like we're getting back to normal. Normal does include having skis and outdoor blinds in the formal living room, and wall mounted toilet brushes (to be hung) on the kitchen table, but I'll take what I can get. So while Jon is sitting around talking to Siri trying to figure out if his stuff is in the cloud or on the computer and who's account he should be using....I'm trying to hit the sewing machine. My whole life I wanted to create costumes for my little princesses...suddenly I have one! YIKES.
This is not finished and she would only hold still for half a second. I thought I was being cool and cut the skirt out to be a size 6 (I was making a size 4). But the skirt is just gathered so no big deal I wanted LOTS of gathering. Well, that plan most likely worked but it did make the job harder. The sleeves are my favorite. Instead of just appliqueing the red splotches I created box pleats of red. I had to re-draw the sleeve pattern to accommodate the inserts. Overall it meets the "Halloween costume" fit requirements, just a little loose in the chest. I might try for some chest darts to fix that and I might not. Considering the likelihood she puts it on at all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!

Mom