Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Russia with Love

We left SDF at CDG and departed for St. Petersburg Russia.
French Airplane + Russian Pilot =






The Hermitage, Palkin, Salmon eggs, a dispute over a $25 or $50 cab for 6km, and Vodka...lots of Vodka. Then we were off to Moscow via overnight train (it was a killer... @ $500). Arrival at Leningradsky station at 8AM feeling less than rich with $'s in our wallet, we charged for the metro - along with Friday rush hour. WOW - a public transportation lovers heaven.


Success! Despite Frommer's lack of Cryllic/English in the Metro map. We were as usual "good TV" as we stepped out of the metro and asked ourselves "where are we?" We didn't know it, but we were steps away from Red Square. Tough to miss... Amazing race here we come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great scarf!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to say, I got home, and did not tell anybody I got back safe. I went to work the next day, had my phone on silent because the phone rings all the time. Everybody was looking for me. I finally answered an email my dad sent me. His response: I hope your kids do this to you someday!!!