Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You know vacation was expensive when.....



You come home and are willing to fix the washing machine yourself. My Maytag won't spin and I can't stand to pay a repair-man. So just as I was filling out the online service request form with Sears (and grumbling about the $500 I would for sure be spending)...I decided some Internet research was in order. Voila! http://www.neptunewaxmotor.com/index.html Who would have guessed a blog exists for just my problem. So I ripped her open and performed the test. Just as the blog said, my R11 was burnt. I cut it out and tested operations...still have water flow - so the problem is with my wax motor release thing-a-ma-bob. $13.95 later on ebay (plus $8.95 expedite shipping - why not huh? I've already saved so much) and by Sat Jon will be doing laundry while I have a cocktail in the backyard once I get done putting this beast back together.


No comments: