Sunday, July 26, 2009

Christmas in July



Good thing its not Christmas yet. I'm really hoping something I make for this child will fit. I had big ideas that her infant wardrobe would be fine knitted cashmere and silks. Instead she regularly wears cotton from Carter's with the most retarded wording. "mommies dream come true! - Grandma's sweetie!". I'm a bit of a sucker for these things at times...but I don't want a walking billboard unless it is for the brand "stephani marie". We'll see how long I can keep her from promoting the Fortune 500 brands - I'm sure Bert and Ernie will soon be blazing from her clothing. I sure hope not.
I made a collection of winter gear last July. I went a bit crazy - but I was performing a stash busting event trying to use all the yarn possible. Next time I'll make a variety of items rather than one item in a variety of colors. I had enough yarn for two Santa hats so I planned ahead (just like her wardrobe) and made the infant and small versions. Looks like the small will fit just about right come December. I can hear it now "Santa will you bring me..."
Nah thats not it - it'd be..."Santa I'll trade you a hat for a..." Now THATS my girl!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: