Saturday, July 18, 2009

Full Service

Remember the days of full service gas? These days that is a rare thing. I remember grandma NEVER filled her own tank, she always got full service at Pie Town. The guy would fill-up, clean her windshield and then bring the little tray with the receipt to sign (did she tip?). Even way back then she was ahead of her time using credit for everything...wonder if she got cash back? JR and I both hate the fill up - we'll argue over who has to do it. I typically pull the girl card and play up chivalry (and win). I've been known to drive home with spark plus mis-firing to avoid stopping for gas. Lawn mower fuel is my savior!

This weekend was a trip to the Lavender Festival. Unfortunately it was a bust. We have become accustomed to spontaneity (aka procrastination) but life with baby is keeping us - me - more on our toes. Last year we did our research, hopped in the plane, landed, walked across the street and enjoyed the free transportation to all the lavender farms. This year we skipped the research, hopped in the plane, landed, walked across the street and found Angel Farm was closed...no free transportation to town and the main festival. Crap. AND we had our first lap child event so no car seat on this flight - which means no cab to the festival. So back in the plane we went and flew to lunch at the Howard Hugh's place I can't remember the name of. Decent recovery but hopefully someone learns their lesson! I think in this photo Olivia is trying to tell dad he's coming in a little hot and should go around... Posted by Picasa

No comments: