Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You cook?

Goodbye always dirty drip-pan electric stove...


Hello finger-prints!



We saved our penny's from the laundry machine repair and are upgrading the kitchen - slowly once piece at a time. I'm not sure if I can handle fingerprints - I mean stainless steel on everything. It sure looks nice - no idea how it cooks. I've been watching this for a year and the price finally dropped - maybe it was the price of oil? It was the lowest I'd ever seen. I compared to all the pro models and I think for my needs this is the best value. It has a competitively large oven, dual fuel, convection option, temp probe and includes accessories. I'm still trying to figure out who the manufacturer actually is. The analog temp gage is very similar to a Thermador or DCS - but I'm not sure.


Wolf and Viking were exciting but really expensive and both had a feature I couldn't get past. The top cooking surface has a gap between the side panel and the front panel. Seemed to be the perfect place for food and grim to settle. This one is a solid surround on the top - that was the kicker for me. I may never know what it is like to cook on a Viking or a Wolf...but I'll also never have to look at that crack full of spaghetti sauce. Seemed like a reasonable compromise considering the slop-dogs that live in my house.

No comments: