Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Bike -

and lock. As my sister reminded me - new bikes and I don't get along well. She pointed out if I needed a tire she could get me a good 'un-used' one. I ordered this in June as my Birthday present, and we just picked it up, it took forever. Someone must have ridden it here from Amsterdam!

The Electra Amsterdam - not sure what that hand gesture means - I think he's going for 'dork'. Who knows. The bike is super cool, with integrated gears, book rack, light, and room for a basket. Everyone at the bike shop couldn't stop staring at it. I think they couldn't make up their minds if it was stupid or retro cool. I think it is retro cool. I originally wanted a no gears bike - but wasn't allowed. This turned out to be good advice, I had enough trouble getting up the hill in 1st gear. And the sucky-est thing of all...our county has a bike helmet law. A LAW. All ages are required. I can't believe it. If my child refuses to wear a helmet as I did this weekend and says all the horrible things I did (minus any foot stomping)...I'm in trouble. I think I have a future of a kid leaving with helmet on - and once out of eyesight....helmet removed...uh-oh.


Nice Garage floor too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool bike. Looks like you. Yea kinda dorky, but cool dorky. Mom

Anonymous said...

Well written article.