Sunday, October 01, 2006

Home Economics 101



I finally used the sewing machine my mom gave me. Its been sitting neglected for almost a year. It was one of those projects...you know...you buy the stuff and then figure out how to put it together. Not to mention a couple trips to the store to get the: seam ripper, pattern marker, and of course another project!

Everything worked out pretty well. My seams are a bit puckered but the iron seems to fix this. One of my corners is pinched - but I don't care. I never figured out how to fill the bobbin - so I just used one I had; therefore my seams are orange on the top and yellow on the bottom. Artistic right?

First project is done...and you can't buy mistakes like these. Now I have a cool knitting / crochet needle case to call my own. All JR said was - Cool now I don't have to buy one...does he know how much this fabric cost?


Now, off to build the business plan to start selling these at Pike's Market and quit the day job...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes. I love the colors. Green and Orange. Those are definitely Stephani Colors