Friday, October 13, 2006

Tough Choices


Carly Fiorina. This is a woman / leader I'd like to sit and chat with. She's seen the good, bad and ugly of the board room. I would bet she has a pretty good read on the male-ness of Corporate America. During her fishbowl she shared a story from her first sales job. The client wanted to go to lunch, seemed reasonable, unfortunately it was at a strip club. She paid for lunch then AND became the CEO of one of Americas largest companies. Quite a career path and oh ya, she started as an administrative assistant...

Her speach talked directly to me. I related to her comments about Fear especially. Check it out here - your own mini Fishbowl....

She is quite controversial for her choices, everyone I talked to had their own slant on her. I haven't made up my mind yet. She wouldn't discuss the book at all - too many juicy details! So this weekend, I'm going to dive and and learn all the secrets. She said the success HP is now experiencing are lagging indicators (trying to eeak some credit for it maybe?). Wonder what she thinks of Mark Hurd and Patricia Dunn's current situation.

No comments: