Sunday, October 29, 2006

I've been spoiled

Thank you Secret Pal!














My Secret Pal has spoiled me rotten. Saturday after going to the mailbox twice!! I discovered a huge box on my porch. No return address...hmmm but the post mark did say MD. A hint A hint! My package is filled with special touches only she could create. (1) Patons Self Striping Yarn (2) Pattern and fabric for my new sewing addiction (3) Wonderful burnt orange lace weight (?) yarn (4) thread (5) Bobbins *FULL* (6) measuring tape. All of this wrapped in a wonderful suitcase type 'bag' - you know how I love the BAG. Wow, what a wonderful surprise. I'm very impressed with your attention to detail Secret Pal. I think my favorite is the filled bobbins....only my blog readers could possibly understand this! Thank you very much. Now, about that lace weight yarn??? Can you help me with appropriate patterns? I'm your typical cook book knitter. I search for the exact yarn specified in the book - I'm too scared to substitute yarn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm! Is it really a clue? Or am I jetsetting around the countryside, mailing packages as I go?

OK, so I'm not that dedicated.

I'm glad to see you liked your presents. The laceweight yarn is a mystery item that I picked up out of a bargain bin, labelless. I'm fairly certain it's cotton, but beyond that, all bets are off.

If you crochet, or would like to learn how, you could crochet up a spiderweb! (http://www.crochetnmore.com/spiderwebtabletopper.htm) I'm on a double knitting spree, so I'd probably attempt to make a lattice that would sit on top of a layer of knitted fabric. But that's me, and I'm insane.

- Your Secret Pal

Kerry said...

What a wonderful package! I can't wait to see what you do with your new goodies!

Calling on Kahlo said...

That bag is sweeet! Very nice, I will now wipe drool from my face. Do you think your SP could share where she got the bag?

Anonymous said...

Ha! I will never tell!

Or rather, I got the bag in the discount bin at the local Michael's. Where it came from before that... I know not.

- Your Secret Pal