Wednesday, October 18, 2006

In Honor of Halloween

Halloween, is my unofficial favorite holiday. I think it is because I love fall. In honor of October and halloween I've knit a basket. I plan to use this as my trick-or-treaters candy basket. I gave up trick-or-treating myself many years ago. Now, we spend the evening hanging out in the living room eating pizza and greeting the neighborhood kids.

This pumpkin is knit with Cascade 220 6 skeins in total at $7.00/ea (YIKES) and then felted. The strength it has is amazing! This could easily be used as a candy holder for trick-or-treating kids. The opening is slightly small - which makes it tough to locate the exact type of candy you want...but then we could have bigger problems right? The pattern is at MagKnits they have a much better picture on the web-site. I used slightly different colors. Mine is a bit more brown than orange and the stem is heathered green rather than St. Patricks Day green. I love it! I have it at work now sitting on my desk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it too.