Monday, December 18, 2006

BookSwap 2006

1.What is your favorite book of all time and why?

Of all time?! That's like saying never and forever. I can't do that. I rarely read the same book twice so my favorite tends to be based on my current spot in life. Currently - loving biographies or social science books. Recent favorite was Conservatize Me by John Moe or maybe Tough Choices by Carly Fiorina. I love them both because reading them was a learning experience. They both talk about issues I'm trying to solve in my own life. These books don't provide the answers of course, but a discussion of the possibilities. (meeting the authors ain't bad either!)

2. What type of book do you most enjoy reading?

I can really only stand to read non-Fiction. I was once a bodice ripper lover (romance and historical fiction) - but now I like biographies, current events, economic discussions or things that teach me something. I'm not interested in the screaming books - like INVEST NOW or other sort of National Enquirer non-Fiction.

3. What fictional character do you most resemble?

I say this only because I just saw her photo in my mom's house, the memory is fresh - and some might agree with what I'm about to say.
Fictional character - Scarlett O'Hara (from the romance novel phase...). She was self determined, self savior, a bitch at times, manipulative using feminity as a tool but survived and in the process maintained her version of life's values. I don't have green eyes, but I do have brunette hair - and I don't think anyone on earth has a 14" waist or whatever she got in the corset - but I'd give it a try.


4. What is your favorite type of sweet or chocolate?

I love butter carmels. Chocolate of any kind is wonderful. Oddly enough a snickers bar is probably my favorite candy bar even with those pesky peanuts in there!

5. What are your hobbies?

Learning - which includes books, knitting, gardening and traveling.

6. Do you collect anything?

Not really, but as I stare at my bookcases it occurs to my I might collect books!

7. What is your favorite color?

The warm fall tone of orange. I'll wear your sunkist orange at a football game but not on a regular basis.

8. What is your favorite movie and why?

To comply with the "of all time" requirement, I'll say Gone with The Wind. This is one of the only movies I'd watch again and again. But I also must mention, Rudy, A River Runs Through It and Working Girl. Your basic, character rises above incredible challenge theme.

9. When is your birthday?

Jan 05

10. What is your favorite scent?

Clean fresh scents. Lemon, lavender. I've never been a fan of those candy scents.

11. Do you have any allergies?

No allergies except to bills and debt!

12. Do you have wishlist on Amazon or another site?

Yes I do.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/UWYYPWMUNWWS

13. What kind of music do you like? Are you MP3 compatible?

I like everything except headbanging hard rock. My 80's punk days are over! Now I really enjoy Jazz, international music like Jesse Cook and your occasional Dixie Chick.

No comments: