Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hit the Road Jack

To my secret Pals, I'm so sorry for the disappearing act. I've been traveling for work and although touching a computer everyday...not keeping up with blogging as I should. Please accept my sincere apology for the absence!

What have I been doing?? Well, after my last post in November I sent JR off to Dubai for 3 months and then I hit the road. I decided if he's away I may as well travel as well. First I was in Lexington KY for 2 weeks. This was supposed to be a training trip to learn the functions of my job. It was a learning experience alright! I learned I didn't have a clue. During the two weeks I tried to visit as many company locations as possible. I drove to Cambelsville, KY; Louisville, KY; and Hebron KY.

On my way home from Lexington I stopped off in St. Louis to celebrate Thanksgiving day. Then it was home to rescue CAT from the empty house (yes the neighbor checked on her a couple times...)

After a couple, and I mean 4 days at home, I was off to Allentown PA. This was meant to be a quick trip and so we worked all available hours we had! I was lucky to spend one evening visiting with HighSchool friends. I was able to meet their kids and just relax talking about how we'd changed over the years. THANKS GUYS!!!

Back at home, I thought I would sit still for a little while, but then all of a sudden I was back on an overnight flight to Sterling VA. (I hate red-eye flights...but love sleeping in my own bed more.) Thankfully, this one was more organized and I was better equipped for this trip. I knew how to accomplish what was necessary - and we got it done! Anyone familiar with Washington Beltway traffic about 6PM - ya me too. It was worth it - at the end of the yellow brick road was dinner with my Uncle and Aunt. Hadn't seen them in years! THANKS AGAIN!

Before I rounded the corner to return home, I headed South to Tampa for a visit with my mom. This was awesome! We finally got to meet the HUNK in my sister's life. Whew.

And now, I'm home. Thankfully, but only for a couple days again. I'm headed back out to the airports again this week. And it appears, I'll be a road warrior for at least the next 6 months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to worry that you might have died! I was already plotting what to do with your remaining presents. OK, maybe not really.

I do a lot of inter-state traveling, but I rarely end up on planes and going cross-country. I simply don't have anyone to visit that I can't drive to see, and my company is unlikely to want to fund my desires to visit interesting and exotic places (where exotic == Canada).

- Your Secret Pal