Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

Its Christmas eve, my gift was a trip to Cleopatra's spa. A Thai massage takes away all jetlag. I fell asleep sitting by the pool waiting for my pedicure to dry! JR had to call the front desk looking for me.

We celebrated Christmas eve at BICE, an Italian restaurant in the Hilton Hotel - then went where the beautiful people go - Buddha Bar. It was made famous in Paris. Funky music, cool drinks and people who think they are way cool..including us.

Dubai is crazy! JR told me everything was under construction, but its hard to understand what that means. Its seriously - everything under construction. There are two main places - Old Dubai and New Dubai. Old Dubai is pretty typical, and looks basically normal. New Dubai is totally under construction. The skyline looks like NewYork unfinished with a bunch of cranes on every building. EVERY building. The roads are not finished so its dirt roads and stuff everywhere. One day the road is there, the next it is gone. No one has an address you have a general area you are going to. I don't know how the taxi drivers survive. Construction is happening 24 hours a day.

No comments: