Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Big One


First flight, big dress, first time in church, big party, first bath in a salad bowl, second flight, second big snow storm driving in the car, first time she slept 7 hours in her own bed! It was a wild weekend. Olivia kept us busy on the flight home - and then she puked on landing. I think I was right about her NOT being a future pilot, oh well. As we drove home in another Seattle snow storm she screamed - Jon said take her out of that thing. I didn't...but I did crawl into the back (where there was no seat due to luggage) and hold my hand at an angle that even crown molding wouldn't call for. Then we got fed up with traffic due to how icy and dicey the roads were - so we turned around to go the back way. Ya, the back way. A few dead ends later (thank you google maps) and we were finally back on the way we recognized to home. 30 min later (hand still in awful angle but me now in the front seat with seat belt) we arrived at home. My favorite quote from the car ride when Olivia finally sucked herself to sleep...Stephani - "she should sleep until about 2" Jon - "I hope she sleeps until 2-morrow". I later asked Jon if he was ready for baby number 2....the response was VERY different than usual. Jon is not happy she cried on the airplane!!


Oh ya...and that stuff about the 7 hours of sleep. That's right we listened....we bathed her, fed her and rocked her to sleep in her own bed at 8pm last night. She needed some reassurance at about 10pm but then was lights out until 3:30am. I fed her again and then crashed with her and she is still sleeping as I write this at 7:30am. She's a sleeper no matter who's bed she's in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical vacation trip that I used to have with my kids.