Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ding Dong the Witch is...

You can decide who the witch is in this story - the point is she sleeps. Great day yesterday. I was itching for a nice long drivvvvvvvvve (vroom vroom). So we headed over the mountains to Cafe Christa (my favorite German spot). We were both a bit worried how things would go for a long ride in the car seat of death but things were perfect. We had some beer, some brats, rhinesrouladen and spaetzle, then out for the count. She slept on the way over so JR and I could play with all the new toys. The two of us are a couple of button pushers I tell ya. The car will play streaming music from our phones through the mobridge bluetooth in the car radio (why would you want/need this?). Whoa, but we couldn't figure it out. The instructions of course say, do this, then that, and voila rock out. But we never got to rock out. All we did was scream at each other when one thought the other was going to hit something as we careened over the mountain pass hands on the wheel, eyes on the PCM computer screen. The car will do everything but drive itself.We have also adopted the use of the swaddle technique. Olivia has not yet lost her involuntary spastic movements of arms and legs at oh say bedtime-thirty. The swaddle seems to be helping her stay asleep for longer periods...in her own space. We had a 8 - 6, 11 - 5 and 10 - 6. I guess she can be trained.



Last pic of the day. One of the few of us as a three-some. I laugh at this photo because it was taken by a drunk woman in the beergarden. She was harmless and very sweet (and the pic is steady and centered). I just find it hilarious because - you know the myriad of questions - whats her name, how old is she, and if they talk to you long enough you get - how much did she weigh at birth. For some reason this woman felt necessary to congratulate me on 'pushing' that one out. Strange choice of words I thought, but then she wasn't thinking all that clearly I guess.

No comments: