Monday, March 16, 2009

Everyone's Doing It

Cost cutting that is. I have to admit it - I enjoy BigLots, the Dollar Store even Goodwill on occasion. I'm not buying my underwear but just looking for something exciting. Its a sickness but I just love to know I paid $ and someone else paid $$ for the same thing. I love it even more when I know the ingredients to one things are EXACTLY the same as something else but the 'name brand' is the difference. Makes me feel so smart. So on this excursion I found a mobile for $8 bucka-roos. I didn't need the mobile (or all that nasty plastic attachment stuff) but I needed something to make the camels go long enough to take a shower. I found it and now we have a new obsession - camels spinning with noise. Just shaking the camels doesn't do it anymore.

I recently heard kids in A-town are leaving the tags on their clothes and wearing them to school. If I were in school today, mine would have all these extra prices and prices in red pen - and theirs would have the Original BIG price. Frugality is back in vogue - maybe kids will start to compete for who got what cheaper. Just think you could compete - you paid $$$ and I only paid $ for the same thing - then you could spout about the power of compounding interest. Now that would be cool.

No comments: